While my weekend was filled with LOTS of schoolwork, I managed to squeeze in some fun as well. The weekend was a perfect mix of being productive and holiday goodness before the last two weeks of classes this semester.
From the top left (clockwise)
1. Saturday afternoon, before going to school to work on homework for a few hours, we took a family nap. Isn't he just freaking cute?
2. Yeah, so I didn't read the tag on my relatively new J.Crew sweater to see that it is dry clean only. I WILL NOT be making that mistake again. If only I had a small relative to donate this to.
3. On Friday night, the bf and I went to a late dinner at Brix Tavern where we had a 15% coupon. Coupons to restaurants, let alone for your entire bill, are so rare, so we had to check the restaurant out for the first time. While a little skeptical how the mix of fine dining and sports bar would work, we were both pleasantly suprised. I got my first hot toddy and the bf got a blackberry lime vodka mixed drink. While the drinks were okay, what was really amazing, I would go so far to say life-changing, was the mac & cheese that I got for dinner. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture. It was clearly made with fresh pasta and had the most delicious cheese sauce. I highly recommend it!
4. Today I went to my first Portland Blogger's Brunch and it was amazing! Besides eating the yummy treats everyone brought, exchanging a few of our favorite things in a gift exchange, and lot's of blog talk, we each made ornaments and these are them! All the bloggers were so sweet and geniune and I learned so much about blogging. Some of the girls took pictures so I will post some as soon as they post them. Thanks Jenni and Nicole for hosting!
5. One of the little vignettes I set up. Trying to decide between adding fresh cranberries or beads to the clear glass hurricane.
6. At the Blogger's Brunch, I got a gift bag filled with Christmas cookie cutters, a great red OPI nail polish and this delicious candy cane flavored cocoa. The perfect way to enjoy a Sunday night!
Hope everyone else had a great weekend and is recharged for the week ahead!